Wednesday, December 21, 2005

My reply to a BushBot

A "conservative" friend of mine emails me as follows:

"I'm sure you are aware that this "Spying on America" is not new. I wish the left-wing, main-stream media in this country would quit lying to the American people. I'm not saying that this intelligence gathering program is either right or wrong, just that it's not something George Bush dreamed up!"

My reply:

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_7779.shtml

This website is run by a real conservative, not a
neocon Israel-firster. Most real conservatives and
libertarians have known what Bush was from Day One. He
is a not-too-bright, wannabe dictator. Clinton has a
much higher IQ and could have actually pulled off
being a dictator more easily, but he had a problem
with his zipper, as we all know.

The U.S. Constitution, which George W. Bush (and
probably Clinton before him; they are both evil to the
bone in my mind) describes as "just a G--d---ed piece
of paper," indicates warrantless searches are wrong,
no matter who does it.

The Fourth Amendment has been violated and is
continuing to be violated big-time, not to mention
failure to adhere to due process of law and specific
statutes designed for this purpose such as the Foreign
Intelligence Surveillance Act. You're not old enough
to remember Watergate. This is the type of thing that
got Nixon removed from office. It was known as the
Imperial Presidency. There is a famous book by that
name. It is interesting that Cheney wants to "restore"
presidential power to that of the Vietnam/Watergate
era presidents. Those were the good ol' days for him,
I guess, when he was receiving his five draft
deferments.

But I don't think Bush will be removed from office.
The GOP is going to remain in power until the country
is more or less destroyed from within. I don't envy
the younger generation at all. I feel sorry for kids
being born into this country. That's not to say they
won't overcome, with God's help, but the lifestyle
will be unrecognizable from what it was in my youth,
when a relatively uneducated man could actually
provide for his family.

It is interesting that the GOP's argument now is that
"everybody does it." I never thought I'd live to see
the day.

I guess the new standard being established here is
that the "conservatives" want us to have a king (as
long as it is one selected by the GOP) and believe the
Revolutionary War was a huge mistake, for which we owe
an apology to the British, I suppose.

I will continue to believe this endless War on Terror
is bogus and is designed to funnel tens of billions to
the administration's cronies. I will believe this as
long as the southern border remains wide open for any
potential terrorist to sneak across. And it will.
Perpetual War for Perpetual Peace, as the book "1984"
put it.

What's sad is that so much damage has been done to the
economy, the political system and the culture over the
last 25 years or so (and I don't assign any particular
party blame as GOPers are just as fallible as
Democrats) that I think it is too late to reverse the
decline. I think avoidance of civil war is about all
we can hope for. There is truly no communication
between the two sides. That's why I myself would never
want to be active politically. I'm not even sure why I
bother to vote since that process is becoming so
computerized and subject to hacking to achieve a
foreordained result.

The two sides are talking at each other. Furthermore,
on many issues, there are more than two sides and the
two "major" parties refuse to acknowledge there is yet
another third way to look at an issue. And the two
"major" parties have conspired through ballot access
restriction to make sure independent voices are
squelched.

I just don't think anything can be solved through
politics. It's more of a sideshow to me at this point.
And as I have said before, my reading of Scripture
tells me that the governments of the earth, including
our own, are under the control of Satan. So why would
I want to waste my time on the devil's domain?

Merry Christmas,

Russ

2 Comments:

At 1:56 PM, Blogger ◡‿◡✿.:。... Anita J. Parrish ..... ❤ said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger ◡‿◡✿.:。... Anita J. Parrish ..... ❤ said...

Oops! Fingers on the wrong keys! Meant to say "great post."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home