Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Warren Beatty to engage in 'group blog'

http://www.observer.com/pages/nytv.asp

Sunday night I watched about 20 minutes of television for the first time since football season ended because I wanted to see Jane Fonda on "60 Minutes." Now another icon of my youth is making the news.

I have to say my favorite Warren Beatty movie is "Heaven Can Wait." My parents wouldn't allow me to go see "Bonnie and Clyde." I've seen some of it on TV, but it's just not the same. Come to think of it, I've only seen "Heaven Can Wait" on the small screen as well.

Warren Beatty briefly flirted (and he's quite good at flirting, I understand) with running for President in 2000, IIRC. This reminds me. "Bulworth" was another good movie, although I still haven't seen it. The best movie about the ultimate phoniness of political struggle for office was "The Candidate" starring Robert Redford.

Beatty was one of the chief backers of Gary Hart during his quest in the 1980s for the White House. Gee, I wonder what those two guys had in common?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home