Friday, April 01, 2005

Schiavo judge, church part ways

http://www.stpetetimes.com/2005/03/31/Tampabay/Schiavo_judge__church.shtml

I have to say I am no fan of Judge Greer or of his former pastor. What strikes me as strange is that Southern Baptist pastors like to quote Romans 13 about how we should all bow before our earthly rulers, but then only acknowledge one (or maybe two) of the three branches of the U.S. government as qualifying under Romans 13.

My position is that all three branches are of their father, the devil. And that includes the Southern Baptist god in the White House. And I cite as my "proof text" for this Jesus Christ's 40 days of temptation in the wilderness wherein Satan offered him the kingdoms of the world if only Christ would bow down and worship him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home