Living paycheck to paycheck gets harder
Lib'rul lies from "phony economists." That's what Quasimodo, the 300-lb. talkshow windbag, told me to say.
Seriously, there is such a disconnect between the top one to 10 percent of Americans and the other 90 percent that this is only going to get worse and NO remedy will ever even be offered, except for what we've already seen--increased "Homeland Security" surveillance to make sure those in the gated communities are protected from these potential "terrorists" among their own countrymen.
Eventually I foresee everyone below the poverty line being reclassified as potential terrorists and enemy combatants. If you cannot make it in our society, you must be assumed to be dangerous.
I just thought of something else. Maybe along the lines of the recent S-CHIP debate, we will expand the definition of "enemy combatant" to anyone making, say, 300 percent of poverty-level wages. Can't be too careful. People with six-, seven-, and eight-figure incomes DESERVE the style of protection to which they are accustomed on the job elsewhere as well. They may have to hire and equip their own private armies at some point during the devolution process to Third World country, which is already WELL underway.