Sunday, May 08, 2005

WOMAN STRUCK BY CAR IN FRONT YARD

http://www.tylerpaper.com/site/news.cfm?BRD=1994&dept_id=341384&newsid=14488818&PAG=461&rfi=9

It has been almost 18 months to the day since I was struck by an SUV. It was Sunday, Nov. 9, 2003. I wasn't in my yard, but the vehicle did run off the road into me. So there is some similarity. However, she was a lot closer to the hospital than I was. I wonder why they lifeflighted her to Mother Frances instead of ETMC. ETMC has a higher level of care for trauma victims.

My first thought is that this woman is bound to be in better shape than I was because she got hit by a Volvo. Hell, I would have totaled a Volvo. As it was, the Chevrolet Suburban which ran me over was undrivable afterward.

I admit that it was more the street sign which caused that than my "man of steel" physique, but I contributed in some small way to her immobility. Let's put it this way. I was still moving all my extremities after breaking 15 to 20 bones and having a lung collapse. I still knew who I was and whom to call in an emergency (and that was not always the case on some of my harder-drinking days 20 years ago).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home