Saturday, February 19, 2005

Iraq war a mistake? Gee, ya think?



Looking back, says Jeff McAlister, it seems war was ill-advised

This is signficant to me because Jeff McAlister is the "pro-life" firebrand son of a former longtime music minister at our local First Baptist Church, the same church at which I was practically assaulted in the choir room by two fire-breathing chorister crusaders who erupted over my refusal to bow to the Chimperor (this was on April 9, 2003, when the U.S. military staged the famous statue of Saddam falling in Firdaus Square) as they and the pastor already had, bless their warmongering hearts. I guess it didn't help matters when I compared the wild-eyed looks they were giving me to scenes from Nazi Germany and said I hoped they didn't send me off to a concentration camp.

I wish I could say all's well that ends well, but none of these matters has been resolved. I believe this entire sad chapter in our country's history will end rather badly. If I were God (or "Gawd" as many Baptists call Him), I'd be pretty pissed (that word is in the King James Version of the Bible, believe it or not But Rabshakeh said unto them, Hath my master sent me to thy master, and to thee, to speak these words? [hath he] not [sent me] to the men which sit on the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you?) at how My Son's teachings had been twisted into advocacy and implementation of genocidal wars for control of natural resources.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home