Sunday, February 27, 2005

Governors sound alert on U.S. high schools

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x1269206

This comes from a discussion forum called Democratic Underground. Ironically, I learned about the site from the "Freepers" who kicked me off their site after I predicted in February 2002 that Bush would go to war against Iraq. The message from the owner of the site, Jim Robinson, called my prediction "conspiracy kookery." Other BushBots told me I ought to go to DU. At first, I thought they were threatening to fire "depleted uranium" artillery shells at me. That's what DU meant to me. But eventually I found my way there.

I am not so much a Democrat as an anti-Republican. I used to be a Libertarian and I still like Dr. Ron Paul a lot. But there has been so much "force and fraud" over the years by corporations and by our military-industrial complex (the "welfare-warfare state" as Paul calls it) that have wrecked things for so many tens of millions of Americans, not to mention hundreds of millions worldwide, that we cannot just go to a total private sector and leave all those people who have been defrauded or physically harmed to starve.

I do not think the Democratic Party will ever be viable again in this country. But for that very reason our days as a "First World" country are numbered and indeed are already over in many areas of the country.

The reason I put this link here was to show that I wasn't the only one pessimistic about our schools. It appears the alarm bells are going off all over. You know, we do not really DESERVE to be a First World country anymore as anti-intellectual as we have become as a nation. I never thought the entire country would be as proudly ignorant as the natives around here, but we have reached that stage. Nothing is based on science or reality. Everything is "faith-based." Faith is not bad. But it is no substitute for reason.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home