Sunday, November 05, 2006

Haggard confesses to 'lifelong' sexual problem



That's fine, but I think his greater concern should be his lifelong hypocrisy problem. The hypocrites ("ravening wolves" is how Jesus Christ described these pastors) of the megachurches have much to answer for. It is because of their political control of tens of millions of "sheep" that America has been destroyed.

It took less than six years. It is over. Maybe it really was all God's plan. I knew from 9/11 on that we were in the final days of the Constitutional republic our founders bequeathed us. I told everyone I met from September 2001 on that this president was the worst thing that had ever happened to America. In the early days, I was scoffed at and ridiculed. No one is laughing now.

We are all hypocrites. But not all of us have tried to "shepherd" fellow sheep. I am not ever going to tell anyone how they should live. Anyone who has a conscience already knows that.

When these allegations first surfaced, a female congregant said they were just going to "blow it off" because this kind of stuff is said all the time about Pastor Ted. Excuse me, "blow" it off? I suppose this is one way to phrase it. Perhaps that would be easier for the congregation to "swallow" than this?


Here's what I wrote on Thursday:
Maybe it's true, maybe it's not.
If true, it shows God has a sense of humor.
I begin another ROFL spell each time I read of a new hypocrite biting
the dust.
There was something I read one time that sort of stuck in my mind:
"Judge not lest ye be judged."
Wise words indeed. Too bad hardly anyone lives their life by them.
As George Bernard Shaw once said, ""Christianity might be a good thing if anyone ever tried it."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home